Sustainability and the environment
Winstone Wallboards is committed to protecting the environment. Environmental matters are integrated into all business activities:
- Our operations strive to exceed all environmental regulatory requirements at all times.
- Protection of the environment is a day-to-day responsibility that we must all accept.
- We allocate appropriate management time and resources to address relevant environment issues and continuously improve our activities in that area.
- We will achieve our standards of performance through positive action, employee involvement and constant communication with our neighbours, local authorities and customers.
A widely recognised approach to sustainable construction is the Green Star rating scheme, a voluntary system created by New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC) to evaluate the environmental design and construction of buildings. Green Star is a comprehensive, national, voluntary environmental rating scheme that evaluates the environmental attributes and performance of New Zealand's buildings using a suite of rating tool kits developed to be applicable to each building type and function.
There are three credits within the Green Star Rating tool(s) where GIB® plasterboard, related products and services may contribute to Green Star points. The maximum contribution depends on the project type.
Global GreenTag Certification
Global GreenTag is one of the world's most robust, trusted and widely recognised ecolabels. Numerous GIB® plasterboards have achieved GreenTag certification. View certificates below.
Considered the most advanced sustainability certification in the built environment, Declare is like a nutritional label for building products, offering specifiers, contractors and building users insight into the ingredients used in the manufacture of building products.
Which GIB® products have Declare certification?
The following products have all achieved Red List Free status (the highest Declare status possible), meaning that these products meet the strict Declare materials standards:
- GIB Aqualine®
- GIB Fyreline®
- GIB® Standard
- GIB Toughline®
- GIB Braceline® GIB Noiseline®
GIB® plasterboard is 100% recyclable as well as having Declare status and can positively contribute to Green Star certification.