GIB® Terrace Home Seminar
BRANZ has estimated that by 2017 a third of all dwellings built in New Zealand will be multi-unit. A huge proportion of these will be Terrace Homes. Do you understand the design challenges and performance requirements of Terrace Homes? How do you compare intertenancy systems to find the right system for you project? Top Melbourne architects Juliet Moore and Ben Edwards of Edwards Moore, share their award-winning work alongside local experts.
From design to documentation, the GIB® Terrace Home Seminar will be an essential introduction to Terrace Homes. This 3 hours seminar, held in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland, carries 30 CPD points (RABNZ) and will present tangible technical information and solutions for designers.
- Architects Juliet Moore and Ben Edwards of Edwards Moore in Melbourne will discuss their work, including high quality examples of terrace homes projects.
- Designers at Fletcher Residential offer a local perspective on urban planning and architectural issues faced in the design and construction of Terrace Homes on a large scale.
- James Whitlock from Marshall Day Acoustics will give an overview of best practice noise control in Terrace Homes as well as insights into how G6 - the Noise clause of the Building Code, may change
- Hamish Ewan, product development engineer at Winstone Wallboards will outline some of the research his team has done into intertenancy and talk through specific solutions for Terrace Homes including the new GIB® Barrier Intertenancy Systems.
- Firth will use a case study to illustrate best practice in masonry construction in Terrace Homes as well as their mortarless masonry system, Esibloc.
22 August 2016
Christchurch Art Gallery, Te Puna o Waiwhetu, 49 Worcester Blvd, Christchurch
23 August 2016
Cliftons Wellington, 100 Willis Street, Level 28, Wellington
24 August 2016
Orakei Bay, 231 Orakei Road, Remuera, Auckland
Spaces are limited. Register now to secure your spot.