Articles | Exterior Systems
New GIB Weatherline® Design and Construction Manual December 2020 Release
Tuesday, 1 December 2020
By Gordon White
Winstone Wallboards is pleased to release an update to GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Systems. The Update includes:
Guidance for Compliance With NZ Buildiing Code Clauses C1-C6 Protection from Fire
- GIB Weatherline® Systems can be used to provide passive fire protection to meet the requirements of NZBC Clauses C1-C6 - Protection from Fire, including options to limit vertical fire spread.
Updated GIB Weatherline® Fire Systems
- 6 fire rated protection systems for columns and beams including 30 and 60 minutes FRR options.
- 2 new fire rated soffit details including 30 and 60 minute FRR options.
- Use of insulation now optional in all GIB Weatherline® fire rated systems.
180 Day System Exposure Prior to Cladding
- Once installed, all GIB Weatherline® components can be exposed for up to 180 days prior to installation of the cladding.
Updated Technical Guidance
- Guidance on the use of water resistive barriers with GIB Weatherline® systems.
- Guidance on stopping and painting.
- Updated construction details.
- New 2450 x 10mm GIB Weatherline® sheet size, tailored for use in residential projects.
View more information on GIB Weatherline® here