Articles | Exterior Systems
New GIB Weatherline® Design and Construction Manual Available
Wednesday, 15 April 2020
By Gordon White
Following further extensive testing and development, a range of new GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier System options are now available and have been included in the new GIB Weatherline® Design and Construction Manual.
This new manual provides detailed specification and installation guidance for GIB Weatherline® Systems for use in residential and commercial buildings including specific engineering design (SED) such as mid and high rise buildings.
Key inclusions in the new GIB Weatherline® Rigid Air Barrier Design and Construction Manual include:
- External wall system options for vertical fire spread via the MBIE risk assessment approach.
- 6 new GIB Weatherline® systems for fire rated protection of columns and beams.
- 2 new fire rated steel frame systems covering 30 and 60 minute fire resistance ratings.
- Insulation and CLD cavity battens in GIB Weatherline® fire systems now optional.
- Guidance around the use of Water Resistive Barriers and GIB Weatherline® as a substrate.
- NZS 3604 and specific design technical data integrated into one single piece of technical literature.
New GIB Weatherline® Products
Executing on customer feedback, the below products have been added to the GIB Weatherline® product range:
- New 2450 x 10mm sheet length to better reduce offcut waste and lower cost in residential projects.
- Bulk pack GIB Weatherline® Flashing Tape packs in 30mm, 60mm and 100mm widths to reduce tape costs for large volume users and reduce packaging waste created on site.