New GIB® Intertenancy Barrier Systems for terrace homes
With the increase in terrace homes built around the country, we are excited to launch a new intertenancy wall system: GIB® Intertenancy Barrier Systems for Terrace Homes. Cost effective, lightweight, robust and with high noise control and fire resistant performance, these systems are easy to install on site. These systems include GIB Barrierline® a 25mm thick plasterboard used as a central barrier and associated accessories.
GIB® Intertenancy Barrier Systems are designed to provide an NZBC compliant intertenancy wall between attached dwellings. The lightweight systems consist of a double timber frame with a 25mm thick plasterboard barrier (GIB Barrierline®) in the cavity between the two frames. GIB Barrierline® has a water and mould resistant core and, once installed, can be exposed to the elements for up to 12 weeks.
- High fire protection and noise control performance (60 minute FRR and STC 61-68).
- No acoustic or fire sealing required where services penetrate wall linings, within limitations.
- Cost effective.
- BRANZ apraised.
- Narrow footprint, maximise the available tenancy of each unit.
- Compatible with GIB® Bracing Systems.
- Lightweight construction, no need for specific foundation designs.
- Easy and fast to install, no additional trades required for installation.
View a short video showing how GIB® Intertenancy Barrier Systems for Terrace Homes are installed and learn about the key features
To have a GIB® sales representative offer training or more information, call the GIB® Helpline on 0800 100 442.
GIB® Intertenancy Barrier System CAD Drawings